GIPS 20/20 - Our Vision for the Future of the GIPS Standards
- Date: 05/31/2017
- Location: Online
- Introduction: CFA Institute hosted webinar on the recently released GIPS 20/20 Consultation paper.
The Chairpersons of the GIPS Executive Committee, the GIPS Technical Committee and CFA Institute staff will provide a review of the GIPS 20/20 Consultation paper which will be released for a 60-day public comment period. The GIPS 20/20 consultation paper outlines big picture changes we are considering making to the GIPS standards for the 2020 edition.
This will be an opportunity for industry participants to ask questions during the upcoming live webinar session, which is being offered at two different times to better accommodate participants located in various time zones around the globe:
31 May 2017 at 10am US ET, or
31 May 2017 at 9pm US ET
- Carl Bacon, CIPM, Chair of the GIPS Executive Committee
- Karyn Vincent, CFA, CIPM, Chair of the GIPS Technical Committee
- Jonathan Boersma, CFA, Executive Director, Global Investment Performance Standards, CFA Institute
The 1-hour session will include:
- A discussion around how we think the GIPS standards can better support the industry for the benefit of investors,
- Take a look at the challenging issues that investment managers and asset owners are facing that we should consider as we look forward to 2020,
- An opportunity to ask questions about the GIPS 2020 Consultation paper.