With over 25 years of service to the investment management industry, Ashland Partners has refined its processes to deliver an efficient, well-planned engagement designed to provide assurance for your claim of compliance with GIPS®. It is common for consultants, asset owners, and other industry intermediaries to require verification when awarding mandates.
Whether you are a firm new to compliance or a firm that is currently verified, Ashland Partners can assist you through the process of Pre-Verification or verifier transition, leading to a successful, efficient engagement.
Why claim compliance with GIPS? Why get verified?
- Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and embrace industry best practices.
- Stay Competitive: Consultants ask about compliance; public fund sponsors often require compliance and verification.
- Get help when you need it: Ashland can expedite the compliance project by offering expert advice to keep your firm on track and up-to-date with changing requirements.
- Compliance and verification provides a level of comfort for both the manager and prospective client that the firm’s performance presentations are credible.
- Compliance and verification fees are affordable. While the cost of NOT becoming compliant and getting verified can be difficult to quantify; there’s no way to know how much new business is being lost.
What does Verification test?
- Whether the firm has complied with all the composite construction requirements of the GIPS standards on a firm-wide basis, and
- Whether the firm’s processes and procedures are designed to calculate and present performance results in compliance with the GIPS standards.