Type: Regular, Full Time
Salary/Pay Rate: Competitive Salary
Ashland Partners & Company LLP (“Ashland Partners”) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Manager in any of our current offices, or potentially from a remote location depending on the candidate. This position will perform SOC 1 examinations. This position provides a great opportunity for further career advancement in this rapidly growing service area. The candidate must have a willingness to travel.
Regular duties include, but are not limited to:
• Perform activities related to SOC 1 for clients in the investment industry.
• Complete work papers in an efficient, organized, and accurate manner;
• Effectively manage multiple client assignments and/or tasks from various teams;
• Communicate projects’ status to team members accordingly;
• Identify and analyze problems and formulate thoughtful solutions to internal or client questions.
• Coordinate the request and receipt of necessary support from the client to ensure an efficient engagement process.
• Coordinate client calls and office visits involving high level consulting with appropriate reliance from more senior engagement team members.
• Communicate with clients and colleagues of all levels in a clear and concise manner.
• Effectively manage individual workflow, and work with others as applicable, to accommodate various fluctuating priorities.
• Meet agreed upon time commitments while maintaining an acceptable quality of work
• Regular travel component to major metropolitan cities for onsite client visits.
• Bachelor’s degree
• CPA preferred
• Knowledge in SOC 1 exams or investment advisor operations/compliance
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills (internal and external)
• Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Must be good at self-directed research and analysis
• Must have good analytical and proactive creative problem solving skills
• Must have ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet deadlines
• Be able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
• Highly motivated and interested in taking the initiative for personal growth and development
• Ability to work overtime as needed
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time, exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with additional time as needed to meet deadlines and business requirements. This position may require long hours or evening/weekend work.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience. Employer sponsored benefits that include paid time off, paid holidays, life insurance, short term and long term disability, and 401(k). Great continuing education program and certification support.
If you have any questions or are interested in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in strictest confidence.
Ashland Partners & Company LLP is a PCAOB registered CPA firm founded in 1992, with offices coast-to-coast in the United States, and in key financial markets around the world. The firm provides SOC 1 Exams, Surprise Custody Examinations, Fund Audits, Tax Preparation, and Cybersecurity services. In over twenty years of business, Ashland Partners has gained broad-based experience servicing registered investment advisors. We are an unbeatable lineup of smart, focused, professionals, inspired to deliver compliance solutions through effective one-on-one relationships with our clients.
Ashland Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.