SOC 1 MANAGER
SOC 1 Manager
Type: Regular, Full Time
Salary/Pay Rate: Competitive Salary
Ashland Partners & Company LLP (“Ashland Partners”) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Manager in any of our current offices, or potentially from a remote location depending on the candidate. This position will perform SOC 1 examinations. You’ll work closely with a supervising Partner to deliver quality SOC 1 examinations to privately owned small to middle market investment management companies. It’s a chance to direct projects, develop others, manage client relationships, and grow a firm.
As part of the SOC 1 team, you’ll gain experience performing the following services:
- Conducting engagement planning, process and controls testing, audit procedures, analytical reviews, and accounting research as well as draft SOC 1 reports.
- Working with seasoned professionals who provide clients with the information and tools they need to achieve their operational, compliance, and financial-reporting goals.
- Advise clients on effective and efficient processes and controls needed to mitigate internal and external organization threats and exposures.
This position provides a great opportunity for further career advancement in this rapidly growing service area. Individuals who thrive at Ashland Partners exhibit the following success skills: Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Growth Mindset, and Results Focused. The candidate must have a willingness to travel periodically.
Regular duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform activities related to SOC 1 for clients in the investment industry.
- Manage external SOC 1 engagements including client expectations;
- Collaborate with Partners in the areas of risk assessment and audit plan programs;
- Effectively manage multiple client assignments and/or tasks from various teams;
- Communicate projects’ status to team members accordingly;
- Identify and analyze problems and formulate thoughtful solutions to internal or client questions;
- Complete work papers in an efficient, organized, and accurate manner;
- Coordinate the request and receipt of necessary support from the client to ensure an efficient engagement process;
- Coordinate client calls and office visits involving high level consulting with appropriate reliance from more senior engagement team members;
- Communicate with clients and colleagues of all levels in a clear and concise manner;
- Effectively manage individual workflow, and work with others as applicable, to accommodate various fluctuating priorities;
- Build relationships with existing clients, including involvement in networking and business development activities;
- Meet agreed upon time commitments while maintaining an acceptable quality of work;
- Regular travel component to major metropolitan cities for onsite client visits;
- Provide both leadership, supervision, and training to staff; and
- Assist Partners and other firm leaders with entrepreneurial and process improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting or related field required
- CPA required. If not a CPA, must meet educational requirements to obtain CPA license upon hire in state of employment
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory and training experience
- Previous experience in investment management industry is preferred
- Proven experience managing multiple client engagements
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving and research skills
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Must have ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet deadlines
- Be able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Highly motivated and interested in taking the initiative for personal growth and development
- Ability to travel and work overtime as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with additional time as needed to meet deadlines and business requirements. This position may require long hours or evening/weekend work.
Competitive salary based on experience. Employer sponsored benefits that include paid time off, paid holidays, parental leave, life insurance, short term and long term disability, and 401(k) with match. Great continuing education program and certification support.
If you have any questions or are interested in this role, please submit your resume to email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in strictest confidence.
Ashland Partners & Company LLP is a PCAOB registered CPA firm founded in 1992, with offices coast-to-coast in the United States, and in key financial markets around the world. The firm provides SOC 1 Exams, Surprise Custody Examinations, Fund Audits, Tax Preparation, and Cybersecurity services. In over twenty years of business, Ashland Partners has gained broad-based experience servicing registered investment advisors. We are an unbeatable lineup of smart, focused, professionals, inspired to deliver compliance solutions through effective one-on-one relationships with our clients.
Ashland Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.