We offer SOC 1 examinations and custom internal control services at a fraction of the cost of many of our competitors.
Many service organizations depend on the integrity of their control environment to serve and protect their customers and business. Our SOC 1 examinations and customized internal control services meet the requirements of industry regulators, organizational agreements, investors and corporate governance controls. Our process includes an in-depth examination of your organization’s control objectives that can only be performed by a qualified CPA firm with a direct focus on the investment management industry’s operations.
SOC 1/Internal Controls
With a focus on the investment industry, Ashland Partners specializes in providing these types of examinations to investment advisors, as well as fund administrators and transfer agents. Our professionals have developed a unique perspective on the operational challenges and best practices of firms ranging in size from just under $1 billion to over $400 billion in assets under management.
The need for this type of assurance reporting can be driven by the following reasons:
- The increasingly regulated corporate environment your clients operate in is forcing them to consider how you demonstrate control effectiveness over the operations they have outsourced to you;
- A need for clients to understand fully, and be confident with, the effectiveness of outsourced processes;
- Demand in the marketplace for a service organizations to provide a recognized controls assurance report to retain and win business; and
- Accountability for demonstrating management of outsourced risk now extends beyond pure financial risk to assess areas such as Data Security.
Firms that undergo a SOC 1 examination will receive a specific report on the controls at a service organization. A SOC 1 allows for a Type 1 or a Type 2 report.
- A Type 1 report opines as to the fair representation of a firm’s description of controls and whether or not they are suitably designed to achieve a firm’s control objectives as of a point in time.
- A Type 2 report goes a step further and opines on the effectiveness of the controls in place over a specific period of time.
For further information or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us.